Do you want tweets to not be retweeted? Or do you want other people to not be able to see our tweets? This can be done by locking the twitter account that has been provided on the private twitter feature on an Android Mobile Phone, iPhone, or PC.
This private feature is very useful for those of you who want to maintain privacy when playing Twitter. Twitter accounts that have been locked, can only be seen by twitter users that we have followed or followed.
So, you don’t have to worry about other people who haven’t been followed to see your profile and tweet content. They must follow you first to be able to see the contents of your tweet.
Not only that, those who want to follow a private or locked Twitter account must first be confirmed manually. So that way, you can choose who has the right to follow or follow you.
How to Lock Twitter Account
To change the twitter account to be locked, is actually very easy to do. The reason is, locking a twitter account is a default feature that has been provided by twitter.
It’s so easy, you can use any device you have. You can use the twitter application on an Android phone, iPhone, or through the twitter site with a Phone or PC browser though.
Via Twitter Phone App
The first way that can change a twitter account to be locked is by using an application on a smartphone. So, make sure your Android phone or iPhone has the Twitter application installed first.
Here’s how to lock a twitter account on iPhone and Android:
- First run the twitter application on your Phone.
- Then tap the profile photo at the top to open the menu.
- Then select the Settings and privacy menu.
- After that select the Privacy and security option.
- Enable the Protect Your Tweets feature.
After following the guide above, make sure your twitter account is already private or locked. If you see a lock on your profile and tweets, it means that you have successfully locked your twitter account.
Via Phone Browser
You can also activate the private feature on your twitter account using a browser on your cellphone. This method is very effective for those of you who do not want to use the Twitter application.
How to lock twitter account:
- Open the google chrome browser On Your Phone.
- Then visit the Twitter Mobile Website.
- Then login using your twitter account.
- After that go to the Settings and privacy menu.
- Then go to the Privacy and security menu.
- Check the box Protect your Tweets.
- Tap the Protect option to confirm account lockout.
Very easy isn’t it? With just a few steps, you have successfully made your twitter account locked or padlocked. The guide above may be a little different if you don’t use twitter in Indonesian.
Lock Twitter Account On Laptop or PC
The last way is to use a desktop device such as a laptop or PC computer. To do this, you only need a web browser application such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, or others.
How to make your twitter account private or locked:
- Go to the Twitter website www.twitter.com.
- Then login with your twitter account.
- Click the More menu and then select Settings and privacy.
- Then click the Privacy and security menu.
- Check the box Protect your Tweets?
- Click the Protect button to lock the account.
Now your twitter profile will display a padlock sign which means the account has been successfully locked and all your tweets are protected so that they cannot be retweeted or seen by others.
Also Read: How To Dm On Twitter
Well, those are some ways to lock a twitter account that can be done via an Android phone, iPhone, and PC. With this private account feature, privacy in playing Twitter is maintained. Hopefully useful and good luck!