Connecting with people is one of the main goals of social media and online networking. And because making a connection starts with finding the person you want to connect with, it’s pretty important to know how to go about it. Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, and all the other popular social media platforms have different methods of finding people.
You can use one of the social networks to find people who share your interests and add them or follow their updates.
The most common method of finding people on social media networks is to search for their usernames or legal name. But it’s not an efficient method of finding someone you know as many people use similar names and usernames on the same app. Also, it’s quite time-consuming. Finding someone by their number is a more effective approach.
How to find someone on Instagram by phone number 2023
Accessing your contacts or address book to find your friends is a common feature on Facebook and Twitter. However, not many know that you can also find people on Instagram using their phone numbers. It is very good and hidden in the Instagram application.
If you don’t remember the username, full name, or any name of your friends on Instagram, that’s okay. You can find and reach them using their phone number – it only works if they’ve added it to their Instagram account.
This guide is for personal use only. If you use it to message, harass, stalk, or harass strangers on Instagram, it is a criminal offense in some regions. Check your land laws before you continue with this guide.
Search People On Instagram Using Phone Number
First, you want to make sure that the person’s number is stored in your phone’s contact book. Also, if you want to find more than one person, make sure their phone number is stored in the phonebook of your device (Android or iOS). Only then, follow the steps below.
Using Native Options
- Launch the Instagram app on your phone and tap the Profile icon at the bottom left corner of the app.
- On your profile page, tap on the Hamburger menu icon at the top right corner to reveal the profile options. Select Find people.
- On the Find People page, navigate to the Contacts section, and tap the Connect contact button.
- If you are using this feature for the first time, Instagram will request access to your phone contacts.
- Tap Allow options to give Instagram access to your contact list.
- That will allow the app to access your contact list and identify people who are already on Instagram.
- After giving the application access to your contacts, Instagram will automatically sync the phone number from your cellphone to your account.
- If there is no phone number in your contact list associated with the Instagram account, the message ‘No contact available’ will be displayed.
All Instagram accounts associated with the phone number on your contact will then appear in the Contacts section of the Find / Find people page. You can then proceed to choose who you want to follow.
Note: Granting Instagram access to your contacts will automatically enable Contact Sync, i.e., your contacts are periodically synced and stored on the Instagram servers. If you don’t find this feature, then make sure you are using the latest version of the application or read how to update the Instagram application on Android and iPhone.
If you can’t find your friend by their number then there are only two reasons. Either they registered using a different number, or they haven’t added a number at all.
Let Track Instagram
- Launch the Instagram app and navigate to the Profile section of the app.
- Tap on the Hamburger menu icon in the top left corner and select Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- On the app’s Settings page, select ‘Follow and invite friends
- On the next page, select Follow contact and Instagram will list all usernames (read: Instagram account) connected to the phone number in your contact list.
- If there is no phone number in your contact list on Instagram, a message that says ‘No contact available’ will appear on the screen.
Whenever your contacts join Instagram using their phone number or link their phone number to their Instagram account, they will appear in the Contacts section of the app.
how to connect your device’s contact list to Instagram:
first, open your Instagram application
1. Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
2. Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
3. Tap Account, then tap Contacts Syncing.
4. Tap next to Connect Contacts to turn on contact syncing.
Instagram permits us to look through our friends (regardless of whether we know their usernames) with the help of phone numbers. Every one of you should know about the way that we can find friends on Instagram through the search bar simply by typing their username
Now that you know how to connect and find people on Instagram using their phone number, move on to using knowledge to connect with friends and family on your contact list.
You may Also Like…
- how to get someones Instagram deleted? Complete guide 2023
- how to find someone on Instagram by picture
- How to find Instagram IP address & user location