The development of the times makes technology also changes every time, as well as applications on laptops. Not infrequently new applications begin to appear and old applications are abandoned, therefore you must know how to delete applications on a laptop.
This is because applications that are no longer in use, of course, will make laptop performance slower. So removing it from the list of software on the laptop is an obligation that you must do.
How to Delete & Uninstall Apps on Laptop
There are many ways to delete applications on your laptop, where each operating system has a different way of doing it. Therefore you must know how to delete applications on a laptop according to the operating system as follows.
1. Removing Apps on Windows 7 Laptop
Windows 7 users may be the easiest to remove the software in it. Given this system is known to be simpler and easier to do.
Here’s how to delete apps on a Windows 7 laptop:
- Click the Start menu in the lower-left corner of the screen on your laptop.
- Then select the search menu and type control panel.
- When you have found it, then you can click the control panel menu.
- Then the control panel page will open, scroll down and look for the option to open programs and features.
- Click the uninstall a program option, then you are directed to the program installed on the laptop.
- Select the app you want to remove by clicking and holding it, then press the Uninstall button.
- Here you can also select several applications at once to be deleted at the same time.
- After that click the delete button, then a confirmation page for the removal of the application program will appear.
- Press OK and wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
From here you have successfully deleted the application on the laptop with Windows 7. Very easy isn’t it?
2. Removing Apps on Windows 8 Laptop
how to delete apps on windows 8 laptop
But for those of you who use Windows 8, of course, there are different ways to delete applications in it. The method itself is actually not much different, it’s just that there are several things that must be done.
Here’s how to delete applications on a Windows 8 laptop:
- First, open the Start menu at the bottom left of your PC screen.
- Then look for the control panel menu, usually it is located on the right tab.
- When you have entered the control panel, select the uninstall a program menu.
- You will be automatically directed to the page of all installed applications.
- Click the program you want to remove and select uninstall.
- Wait a few moments until the uninstall process is complete.
Now, you have successfully removed the application in the Windows 8 operation. You can repeat the above guide to remove other applications.
3. Delete & Uninstall Apps in Windows 10
For those of you Windows 10 users, you certainly don’t need to be confused if you want to delete applications that are on your laptop. Given that it is only one touch, then you can delete the application easily.
For more details, follow the guide below:
- Go to the Start menu first, you can click the button in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Then select the list of all applications, then all installed applications appear.
- Locate the app you want to remove, then right-click and select the uninstall option.
- Then a confirmation tab will appear, just press OK to continue uninstalling the application.
- Wait a few moments and the application will be deleted from your PC.
Delete applications on Windows 10 is quite easy, because you only need to do it with a few steps
4. Delete & Uninstall Apps in Windows XP
In addition there is also a way to delete applications in Windows XP, usually this method also applies to Windows Vista users. You can find out how by following this guide.
How to delete an application on a laptop:
- Click the Start button at the bottom left of your laptop, then enter the control panel menu.
- After that, select the option to add or remove application programs.
- You will automatically be directed to the list of applications installed on the laptop.
- Select the app you want to remove with a click and hold for a moment.
- You can also select multiple apps at once to be uninstalled at the same time.
- When it is, then you just click remove the program.
- Usually a deletion confirmation tab will appear, you can press OK to continue.
- Wait a few moments for the deletion process to complete.
When the process is complete, then you have successfully removed the application in Windows XP. That’s how to delete applications in Windows XP.
Each operating system does have a way of deleting applications on a different laptop, where you only need to adjust it to the laptop you have, but in general the method is the same.