“What are photo editing apps for? Isn’t the iPhone camera good enough for taking photos?” This question is often asked by iPhone users who are satisfied with their device’s camera. In fact, photo editing apps can help iPhone users to get better photos.
In addition, this app also provides new ‘colors’ to make photos and images look more attractive. Even with the right touches, the photos you take won’t be much different from those taken by professional photographers.
Well, if you want to install additional apps for editing photos on your iPhone, iPad, or other iOS device, here are the 13 most popular Photo Editing Apps for iPhone that we recommend for you.
List Of Best & Most Popular Photo Editing Apps for iPhone
Focos is a photo editing app on the iPhone that is quite popular. This app can change your photos to be of higher quality, like photos taken using professional cameras such as DSLRs.
You can even add a bokeh effect, make the photo more focused, and even add light effects to the photo. Focos is very easy to use, both on iPhone and on other Apple devices like iPad.
You also don’t have to worry about having trouble editing photos, because Focos has provided video tutorials that you can watch. For your information, the Focos app is not completely free and there are additional purchases for some features.
Focos Main Features
- Take photos with shallow depth of field, without manually painting or making selections.
- The AI engine can calculate depth of field automatically for all photos.
- True 3D imaging.
- Simulate large apertures to create real bokeh effects normally only possible with DSLR cameras and expensive lenses.
- Import all existing photos and customize the bokeh effect.
- Re-focus portrait photos that have already been taken, with a simple tap.
- Choose from various simulated aperture diaphragms to generate different bokeh spot effects.
- Professional options to simulate lens characteristics, such as creamy, bilinear, swirly, and reflex effects, and more.
- Visualize the depth of areas within your portrait photos in a 3D view, and intuitively add depth filters.
- Add multiple lights in a 3D space, and adjust the color, brightness and so on for each light.
- Check the portrait picture in the real world with augmented reality technique.
- It is possible to patch the depth map precisely on iPad with Apple Pencil.
- Intuitive and easy to use, with built-in video tutorials.
- An essential tool for all iPhones and iPads.
This app is very loved by mobile users, including the iPhone. Not surprisingly, PREQUEL offers a lot of cool effects and filters. One of them is the comic filter. This filter will make you look like unique characters in comics, you know.
Not only does it have hundreds of effects and filters, there are also templates for making videos, plus music and text with lots of font choices. Unfortunately, this app is not free. The first time you try, you will be asked to subscribe, with a trial of approximately three days.
If you subscribe, you will be charged $5 per week. We recommend this application for those of you who are interested, and do not mind the subscription fee.
PREQUEL FREE FEATURES
- 800+ EFFECTS and FILTERS to match any style.
- TEMPLATES: create high-quality aesthetic videos in one tap.
- D3D: create amazing 3D moving pictures without any hustle. Add any trendy effect you want.
- TEXT: 30+ custom fonts. Say what you gotta say with style.
- MUSIC: add any tracks to your videos for immaculate vibes.
- STICKERS: add gifs, emojis, and stickers to your photos. Enjoy complete freedom of self expression.
- GIPHY Text: exclusive feature to create animated unique text stickers.
- ADJUSTS: various tools to tune your content and get the exact result you need.
- INTRO: meticulously designed starting effects for your photos and videos.
3. AirBrush – Best Photo Editor
AirBrush – Best Photo Editor is arguably one of the photos that offers a beauty camera effect. You can beautify your face, get rid of pimples, enlarge your eyes, and so on.
Not only that, there are also basic photo editing features in this application. What is offered in this app is unfortunately not all free, even the basic photo editing features require a subscription or subscription.
If interested, you can try the trial. However, there doesn’t seem to be an auto-undo feature in the app. So, after the trial period expires, the subscription billing will be active.
- GLOWING SKIN
- Remove acne and blemishes
- Even out skin tone
- Smooth and glowing skin
- DAZZLING SMILE
- Whiten teeth
- Widen or nudge your smile
- Plump up lips
- BRIGHT EYES
- Brighten eyes
- Look awake and refreshed
- Enlarge eyes
- SCULPT AND SHAPE
- Expand or slim any facial feature
- Shift position of facial features
- Reduce or enlarge any area of the photo
- Add volume to your hair
- Stretch tool for added height
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTO EFFECTS
- Add depth with our blur tool
- Frame your photos with vignettes
- Crop photos with custom or pre-set sizes
- Control color and light
- FILTERS FOR DAYS!
- Dozens of looks
- Themed filters and gorgeous light effects
- New filters always being added
4. Artleap by Lightricks
Next up, there’s Artleap by Lightricks. This photo editing app on the iPhone is perfect for those of you who like art. Yes, with this app, you can make photos more stunning and Instagrammable.
With Artleap by Lightricks, you can easily create double exposure photos. You only need to select the photo you want, then specify the overlay provided by the application to create a double exposure photo. After that, you can edit the photo as needed.
In addition to making double exposure photos, you can turn photos into artsy with a variety of other effects. If you want to access more features, you can subscribe to the PRO version of this app. There are no annoying ads in the app. Interested to try?
- GET BEAUTIFUL DOUBLE EXPOSURES: Choose a portrait of yourself or someone else, and then select one of our handpicked overlays for your double exposure
- Adjust placements and other details to get exactly the look you’re searching for
- APPLY ACTION PACKED DISPERSIONS: Tap once to see the edges of a person or object shatter and disperse in your digital art
- Choose the shapes, spread, and more to personalize the look
- MAKE FUN AND UNIQUE COLLAGES: Pick your favorite images, and have them intelligently placed into a beautiful collage
- Play around with the amount of pics
- REIMAGINE THE SKY: The sky is no longer the limit – choose what your sky looks like according to your imagination
- Explore the abstract and completely surreal options
- TRY AN ENDLESS AMOUNT OF COMBINATIONS: With a wide selection of art filters that can be used together, the possibilities are endless
- From traditional art filters made modern to the most cutting edge effects in the art world, anyone can be a digital artist!
5. Bazaart: Photo & Video Editor
If you are looking for a complete photo editing app, Bazaart: Photo & Video Editor is the choice. This app not only has basic editing features, such as cropping, adjusting saturation, brightness, or exposure. You can also do background removal ; remove photo background instantly.
Not only can you use it to edit photos, you can use Bazaart as a video editor. This application provides various types of templates created by its creators. Best of all, you can put photos and videos together at the same time.
For your information, some of Bazaart’s special features, one of which is background removal, can only be enjoyed by subscribed users.
This is arguably a drawback of the app, because there are not a few similar apps out there that even provide this feature and can be accessed without having to pay an additional fee. If you are interested in subscribing, it costs around $11 per month.
Bazaart: Editor Features
- Magically remove the background from any photo with the magic background eraser
- Remove unwanted objects and people from any photo with surgical precision using the remove tool
- Cut out photos and videos like a pro with a selection of handy crop, scissors, eraser and shape cut-out tools
- Enhance, adjust, and customize photos and videos: Change exposure, contrast, saturation, vibrance, warmth, tint, shadows, highlights, fade, sharpness and blur
- Add up to 100 photo layers and 5 video layers: each layer is independently editable and all changes reversible
- Apply fabulous filters on photos and videos to add a “wow” effect
- Create custom edge styles for photos and videos with the outline and shadow tools
- Blend photos and videos for mind-blowing effects
- Sketch and draw freely with the drawing tool
- Curve your text to match an arc or a circle
- Edit and modify text with alignment, letter and line spacing
- Perfectly align photos, videos, text, and any element with auto-snapping
- Position elements precisely with the nudge tool
6. Tezza: Aesthetic Photo Editor
Not only on iPhone, Tezza: Aesthetic Photo Editor is also popular on Android. No wonder, because this application has many interesting excellent features. Tezza: Aesthetic Photo Editor is suitable for those of you who want to create aesthetic photos to upload to social media.
In the app, there are many templates, filters and effects that you can use. In addition, there are also simple editing features, such as changing the exposure, brightness, or contrast of the photo.
Several filters and effects you can use without having to pay extra. Meanwhile, for features that are not free, be it filters or effects, you can still use them. However, there is a Tezza watermark that will appear in the photo.
The plus of this app is that, even though it’s free, you’re not ‘forced’ to subscribe at first, like most other apps.
Tezza editor features
- PRESETS: Easily add the perfect filter from 40+ presets made with love by our founder. Ranging in style like vintage vibes, dark and moody, minimal edits, and bright and colorful.
- EFFECTS: Set your content apart with our vintage-inspired effects. Some favorites are Stop Motion for a vibey slow motion feel, Subtitles for a dreamy vintage cinema feel, and retro film Frames, like Super 8, VHS, 8mm, Kodak, VCR, and more.
- TEMPLATES: We’ve made it easy to create the perfect stories. Pick from 150+ word class designs spanning film, editorial, magazines, 90s, y2k, floral, moodboards, minimal, sketch art, and more. Add text to tell a story, and change template colors to fit your brand.
- OVERLAYS: Add texture and dimension to your photos with overlays like Paper, Dust, Light, Plastic, Shadows, and more.
- FEED PLANNER: Curate your perfect feed with our drag and drop feed planner, with the option to add multiple accounts.
- BATCH EDITING: Once you’ve dialed in the perfect edit, easily copy and paste that exact edit to as many photos and videos as you want.
- ADJUSTMENTS: Tweak your edits with 14 professional tools, including HSL. Popular favorites include Blur and Grain for an effortless film look.
7. EPIk – Photo Editor
EPIK – Photo Editor is arguably one of the best photo editing app for iPhone. EPIK – Photo Editor is made by SNOW INC, which often launches photo editor apps with complete features.
When we tried the app, we were amazed by the features available. Yes, in EPIK – Photo editor there are not only basic editing features, but also other excellent features such as auto enhance, photo cutout, background eraser, batch edit, and many more.
Not quite there, this app provides a large selection of templates with different themes. This template was created by users of EPIK – Photo Editor, you know.
What makes us even more impressed with this application is the availability of a store that has a collection of filters, effects, stickers, to text. Some of them can even be used without paying any additional fees.
EPIk Photo Editor Features
- Professional editing features
- For color : HSL, Curves, Split tone, Lux, Grain, Vignette
- For perfection : Crop, Rotate, Mirror, Flip, Perspective
- Perfect portraits
- Retouch to remove blemishes, natural Face, trendy Makeup
- Touch up, Body, Paint, Hair, Relight, Mosaic
- Artistic photo styling
- Trendy Effects, Stickers, Text, Brush
- Templates updated weekly
- Use customizable templates for easy editing
- Unique style made by you
- Add photos, create stickers using Cutout, use Brushes in your own way, and Create my own filter that is unique
- Background, Color frame, Border, AI filter
8. Meitu – Photo & Video Editor
Meitu – Photo & Video Editor comes with editing features that will help you get quality photos easily. In one app, you can use common editing features, such as cropping, rotating, or changing the hue and saturation of a photo.
Filters, stickers, and text additions are also available. No less than competing apps, Meitu Photo & Video Editor also has a complete collection of templates. There are also features to retouch photos such as image enhancers and beautify to beautify the appearance of the face.
Uniquely, this retouch feature can not only be applied to photos, but also videos. Yes, this application also provides quite complete video editing options. Just for info, Meitu – Photo & Video Editor is a freemium app. If you want to enjoy certain features, you are advised to subscribe.
This one app is very suitable for use by content creators, considering that it has many features, and its use is also easy. It can be said that Meitu – Photo & Video Editor is on par with EPIK – Photo Editor from SNOW INC.
- 200+ FILTERS No more dull photos! Animate and liven them up with 200+ original and unique effects!
- Cutting edge tech that automatically turns your portraits into stunning illustrations!
- Select the beautification level of your choice •Get flawless skin, sparkly eyes, a straighter nose, whiter teeth, etc. in just ONE tap!
- Make your photos stunning and sensational!
- Effects: add filters to your photos and create a different mood
- Mosaic: cover anything that you want to hide 😉
- Magic Brush: doodle over your pics with different brush options
- Add-ons: customize your pictures by adding frames, text, stickers
- Collage: combine several photos into one collage using in-app templates, text, and layout options
- Customize your body features the way you like by using in-app functions
- Skin: smooth, firm, tone and adjust the hue of your skin exactly the way you like!
- Blemishes: get rid of any unwanted acne, scars, spots, etc.
- Eyes: brighten and enlarge your eyes, and completely erase dark circles
- Body Shape: Want to be curvier, slimmer, more muscular, shorter, or taller? Whatever your beauty preference, do it all with Meitu!
- With groundbreaking AI technology, Meitu auto detects your facial features and is able to add cute motion stickers or hand-drawn effects to your face while taking selfies.
9. Photoshop Express
Adobe presents Photoshop Express for users who want to edit photos quickly, practically and easily, but still with quality. Photoshop Express is arguably the ‘lite’ version of Adobe Photoshop which is often used on PCs or laptops.
With this app, you can do various things, such as add effects and filters, change the hue, saturation and luminance (HSL) of your photos, add text, remove blemishes, and much more. Unfortunately, there is no auto enhancer feature in Photoshop Express. If you want to retouch a photo, you have to do it manually.
This makes Photoshop Express feel less suitable for beginners. Well, if you are used to editing photos in Photoshop for PCs and laptops, this application is more suitable.
Photoshop Express main Features
PHOTO FILTERS AND EFFECTS
- Work on a single part of an image while the rest remains untouched with Selective Editing.
- Easily remove or replace the background of your image with automatic and smart cutouts.
- Combine photos to creatively transform your image.
- Achieve your dream aesthetic with our Looks filters: Charm, Matte, Black & White, Portrait, Duo Tone, and more.
- Enhance your photo with new Overlays, including light-leaks, bokeh, and raindrops.
- Remove any unwanted elements from your photos to create share-ready photos with Advanced Healing.
- Explore Color Temperature, Vibrance and other effects with an easy adjustment slider.
- Remove fog with Dehaze for clear, detail-rich scenery.
- Adjust the angle of your head or facial orientation.
- Remove blemishes and smooth skin for a flawless finish.
- Transform your selfie into a caricature with fun sliders.
- Retouch your face with sliders that recognize face shape and features.
STUNNING PHOTO COLLAGES
- Create fun and unique photo collages by adding ready-to-use backgrounds, gradients and layouts.
- Use the Style Transfer feature to easily apply the same look and feel across all the images in your collage.
- Highlight color themes with the Pop-Color Tool.
- Unleash creativity with the scrapbook feature or photo collage maker.
ADD BORDERS AND TEXT
- Customize stickers, memes and captions.
- Add fun text to your photos with a wide array of fonts, colors and opacity controls.
- Bring your photos to the next level with photo color matching borders or unique custom frames.
- Fine-tune text placement with pan, zoom and rotate settings.
- Add watermarks easily by adding custom text or logos.
- Crop, straighten, rotate, and flip your photos.
- Use Auto-Fix options for one-touch adjustments to Contrast, Exposure, and White Balance.
- Reopen closed eyes to create the perfect shot.
- Add emphasis on your subject with simple vignettes.
10. Ultralight – Photo Editor
Ultralight – Photo Editor is a simple photo editing app for iPhone. The app comes with simpler features, such as adding text, filters, changing saturation, or beautifying photos.
There are not many editing features that you can use here. That’s why, we don’t recommend the app for those of you who want to do complex editing on photos.
Instead of having full-fledged photo editing features, Ultralight – Photo Editor provides a very wide variety of video editing options. You can cut, convert videos, add slow motion effects, and so on.
Ultralight Main features:
- Capable of editing both photos and videos.
- Ultralight is easy to use and understand.
- Full screen editing.
- High quality filters and customisable filter presets.
- Create, save and share your own custom presets.
- Creative and intuitive editing tools.
- Real-time preview. See the effects real-time while editing.
- Non-destructive editing and automatic saving. Continue or revert your changes later.
- Undo and redo. Easily step back and forth to compare your adjustments.
- No importing needed. Your photo and video collection is directly available.
Tools for photo and video editing:
- Curves & RGB Curves*
- Saturation & Temperature
- split toning
- Hue, saturation and luminosity color controls
- Clarity, sharpen, emphasize and noise controls
- texture overlays*
- Locally mask and edit a specific area. Including: highlights and shadows, background blur, smoothen skin, whiten teeth and double exposure.*
- Crop and perspective correction
- Cinemagraph tool
11. VSCO Photo Editor
VSCO is one of the most popular photo editing apps foe Android and iPhone. Not only capable of editing photos, this app will change your device’s camera for the better, so you can take photos like a good photographer.
VSCO can sync all photos more easily. You can also integrate this application on other devices besides iPhone. The interface of this app is also very friendly. Now, more importantly, VSCO can be downloaded for free.
12. Snapseed photo editor
It’s a super fast editing app with endless possibilities. Snapseed allows you to adjust any part of the image that is being edited. With this app, you can also add filters, adjust focus, and apply other changes.
This easy-to-use app is one of the best iPhone photo editing application ever. If some other photo editing apps require you to pay a fee, Snapseed can be downloaded for free on your iPhone.
Snapseed Key Features
- 29 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
- Opens JPG and RAW files
- Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
- Selective filter brush
- All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
- Tutorial cards with tips and tricks about Snapseed and general photography
13. Adobe Lightroom
There’s no reason not to have Adobe Lightroom on your iPhone. This photo editing application is quite good and quality.
The results of photo editing through this app are always satisfying. This application is a minimalist package of Adobe Photoshop which is usually installed on a PC or laptop. You can perform various editing options on photos, such as changing focus, sharpening photos, cropping photos, and much more.
You can get Adobe Lightroom, which is quite popular, for free on the App Store. Even so, not all of its features can be enjoyed for free.
Adobe Lightroom key features
- Instantly improve your photos in a tap with Lightroom’s auto editor
- Use precision sliders to adjust all your light settings like contrast, exposure, highlights, and shadows
- Create eye-popping edits with the color mixer and color grading tools
- Use the photo enhancer to change up your photos’ look and feel with the clarity, texture, dehaze, and grain sliders
- Crop & rotate your photo to get the perfect composition
- Use curves to make advanced edits to highlights, midtones, shadows, and color
- Use Versions to experiment with comparing different edits without losing the original
- Unlock your phone’s potential with unique controls like exposure, timer, instant presets & more
- Get more detailed shots with advanced capture modes like raw, professional, and HDR
So, those were the 13 best iPhone photo editing apps from Techpk. Which app will you install on your iPhone? Make sure the app you choose meets your needs for editing photos or images.
The quality of the iPhone camera does not need to be doubted. With the apps above, the photos you take from the iPhone camera will be more attractive and of high quality. If there are other favorite apps that have not been reviewed here, please recommend them through the comments column below.